PROF. CHARLES MARIE GROS (1910 – 1984).
1950 – 1979 : Professor of Medicine.
Head, Department of Radiotherapy and Radiology, University of Strasbourg, France.
1963 : Creates a new multidisciplinary medical specialty for the care of breast diseases, allowing scientific strictness and humanism, proposing to identify it with the term « Sénologie ».
Develops the first Breast Unit exclusively dedicated to diagnosis and treatment of Breast Diseases.
Writtes the book « Les Maladies du Sein » (Masson Editor).
Participates with the Compagnie Générale de Radiologie –CGR-, in the creation, developing and promotion of the mammography equipment, who was called « Senographe ».
1975 : Founds the Société Internationale de Sénologie –S.I.S.-
Establishes the First Diplôme Universitaire on Breast Diseases
Publishes the first Journal on the Breast, denominated « Senologia ».
Organized and Presided International Congresses in years :
- 1972. Conservative Treatment of Breast Cancer. Strasbourg, France.
- 1976. Non-Cancerous Breast Diseases. Strasbourg, France.
- 1977. Psycho-sociological Aspects of Breast Diseases. Strasbourg, France.
- 1979. Breast and Pain. Strasbourg, France.
PROF. MIGUEL PRATS ESTEVE
* Born in Barcelona on July 17, 1943. Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Barcelona in 1967. Received a Ph.D. in 1973 with a thesis entitled "Contribution to the radiological study of the breast using the Serial Cuts System”.Specialist in General Surgery and Radiology.
* In 1975, appointed Associate Professor of Pathology and Surgical Clinic nationwide. Currently Professor of Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona.
* General Secretary of the International Society of Senology (SIS).
* Founder of the Spanish Association of Senology and Breast Pathology in 1980. President until 1989.
* Founder and Editor of the “Revista de Senología y Patología Mamaria” (1987 - 2005).
* Chairman of the Second Congress of the SIS, Barcelona 1981.
* Member of the EEC / ESO (European School of Oncology) commission for breast cancer screening in Europe.
* Member of the Board of the International Association of Breast Cancer Research.
* Vice President and founder of MANOSMED, the European Association for Quality Control in Breast Cancer Teaching and Diagnosis.
* Sub-director and Professor of International School of Senology (University of Montpellier, France).
* Director of Postgraduate Courses in Breast Pathology at the University of Barcelona, on 14 courses on the University Diploma (1989 - 2010) and on eleven courses of the Master’s Programme in Breast Pathology and Senology (1992 - 2011), at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona. These courses have trained over 600 specialists of 17 nationalities.
* Honorary President of the International Society of Senology, 1998.
* Gold Medal of the Spanish Society of Senology and Breast Pathology, 2010.
SIS PRESIDENTIAL GALLERY
SIS PRESIDENT OF HONOR
SIS HONORARY PRESIDENTS
SIS PREVIOUS BOARDS of DIRECTORS
SIS BOARDS OF DIRECTORS SINCE 1976 UP TO THE ACTUAL ONE COULD BE REVIEWED WITH A CLICK IN THE TITLE
SIS FOUNDATIONAL DOCUMENTS
IN THIS SECTOR YOU COULD FIND THE ORIGINAL SIS FOUNDATIONAL DOCUMENTS, PRESENTED IN A SUCESIVE CORRELATION FOR AN EASY LECTURE. CLICK ON THE TITLE FOR A COMPLETE ACCESS. SIS BOARDS OF DIRECTORS SINCE 1976 UP TO THE ACTUAL ONE COULD BE REVIEWED WITH A CLICK IN THE TITLE.
SIS COVERS of SENOLOGIE
IN THIS SECTOR YOU COULD FIND THE ORIGINAL SIS COVERS OF SENOLOGIE, PRESENTED IN A SUCESIVE CORRELATION FOR AN EASY LECTURE. CLICK ON THE
TITLE FOR A COMPLETE ACCESS.