During the Natal Breast Cancer Conference, chaired by Dr. Maciel Matías, took place a Symposium of the SIS International School of Senology and the Escola Brasileira de Mastologia, on “Advances and Controversies in Sentinel Lymph Node”. The Symposium was coordinated by Prof. Ruben Orda, Israel, and Prof. Antonio Figueira Filho, Brazil. Module I was moderated by Dr. Ezio Novais Días, Brazil, President Elect of the SIS. It included the following Presentations:
- The evolution of ALND from Halsted to the present. Prof. Ruben Orda, Israel, Director of the SIS-ISS.
- Sentinel Lymph Node: Historical data. Dr. Maria H. Vermot , RJ, Brazil.
- Detection of the Sentinel Lymph Node. Prof. Antonio Figueira Filho, PE, Brazil. Chairman of the EBM.
- Sentinel Lymph Node: Histophatological aspects. Dr Marcelo Alvarenga, SP, Brazil.
Module II was moderated by Prof. Ruben Orda, Israel, Director of SIS-ISS. It included the following Presentations:
- Indications and limitations of the Sentinel Lymph Node technique. Dr. Alfredo Barros, SP, Brazil.
- Micrometastasis and Isolated Tumor Cells in the Sentinel Lymph Node – what to do? Dr. Edison Mantovani, SP, Brazil.
- New equipment for the detection of the Sentinel Lymph Node. Dr. Carlos Vazquez Albaladejo, Spain, SIS President.
Upon the end of the presentations in each module, and interactive discussion took place with the floor.
Prof. Ruben Orda Director, SIS-ISS
Dr. Carlos Garbino. Secretary, SIS-ISS